Digital marketing is a marketing practice of promoting brands with the help of online media like the Internet and mobile. It is the type of marketing that promotes, brands products and services with the help of several digital channels in order to reach customers in a cost-effective way. Besides proving to be a cost-effective, digital marketing is also a timely and personalized method to reach a wider audience.
It is the quick and fast method to create brand awareness and name in the online market. Desirable results can be achieved by using the following components of Digital Marketing.
Search Engine Optimization – SEO:
Seo is the process that improving visibility of your website free of cost in a search engine by adding search engine friendly elements in it with little bit effort.It is an organic way of marketing. As Search engines like Google, Bing, Internet Explorer Yahoo prefer optimized websites to display in the front page.
Social Media Marketing –
It is the process of marketing through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google +, LinkedIn and Instagram etc.. This provides you with an opportunity to reach your targeting audience. It also helps you in launching new products and creating awareness.
Search Engine Marketing –
Search engine marketing is both paid and unpaid methods to increase the visibility of the website. Paid method refers to pay-per-click where search engine charges for every single click leading the user to your website while unpaid methods refer to organic results achieved by search engine optimization.
Email marketing –
It is one of the most effective ways of digital marketing.Sending an advertising message or newsletter directly to the customers through n email is called email marketing. There are many email marketing software available, and with the help of them, you can target hundreds of potential customers in less time.
Affiliate Marketing –
it is a type of marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for every conversion. In other words, it is the practice of using one’s talent and efforts to promote other business and getting rewards in turn. The reward model is known as CPA (cost per action).
Web Analytics –
It is helpful in the analysis of your visitors. Web Analytics is used to monitor the traffic on the website and user activity t. It helps you to analyze the influence of your new marketing campaigns or latest activities. Hence, it is an important part of digital marketing.
Mobile marketing –
It means sending advertising messages through mobile phones in the form of SMS, MMS, IVR and QR code. It is a potential approach towards digital marketing because now a day everyone has their cellphone and checks it several times in 24 hours.
How to take up the profession?
Now digital marketing is a challenging profession. It requires your ability to understand the online market. To be successful in this profession, you should have proper training. There are several digital marketing courses available online and in colleges and universities. But before get admission into this courses it is good to approach to learn it by yourself.
You need a lot of training because science and technology keep changing. With the advancement of technology, new concepts and techniques are introduced. This new approach calls for updating the knowledge. This updating can be done through proper training and hardworking.
The best way to become a digital marketing expert is to start practising digital marketing from today on small scale. All you need is a computer, an internet connection and a small amount of money to play with. You can learn digital marketing by applying the concepts to your own mini-project. Here are some small things which make your digital marketing expert.
- Start it on small scale.
- Choose a topic or a profession in which your interest and little bit knowledge. Creates your own blog or website.
- Started to learn about SEO and write SEO optimized articles in your blog. For this, you can different blogs of experts and watch video on youtube. Try to write SEO optimized articles.
- Create different pages on Social media like Google +, facebook , twitter and LinkedIn. There are many other but start with these.
- Promoter your both pages organically and inorganically.
- Promote your page through email marketing and get more likes for your pages.
- Explore Google analytics, It provides you complete analysis of your visitors.
- Do some keywords research and find revenue generated keywords.
- When you have enough visitors apply for Google AdWords and start your earning.
- Open an Adwords account and do some keyword research to see what people are searching for in Google to find information on the topic you are blogging about.
- Promote your blog via Adwords. Get started with very low budget less than 10$. Sign up for Google Adsense and deploy advertising codes in your blog.
- Optimize your website or blog into a mobile friendly blog and create mobile ads in Adwords.
- For this, you require some skill such as
- Show hungry of information:
- As already mentioned, science and technology change every day. To know the new trends you need to develop a hunger for knowledge.
- competitive in nature
- The main purpose of digital marketing is creating brand awareness in the market. With the rapid advancement, you have competitors in marketing. So do a complete analysis of your competitors and be ready for new completion.
- Be creative
- In the digital marketing field you find many block roads. For this, you must create and create new opportunities for yourself and find your way on this block roads.
These are some traits that you must develop in yourself for the successful digital marketer